Re: [AMC-list] OT: enging heating strangely

Re: [AMC-list] OT: enging heating strangely

Get a timing light out and check vacuum advance and mechanical advance,
separately. Timing and carb issues can seem similar sometimes, and spark
timing is easy to measure!

Going up a hill with load means low vacuum means less spark advance. Late
timing usually means heat-into-the-head and out the pipe but if you have
fouled up timing or something else (timing chain issue?) it could make no
sense.

I wouldn't worry about the carb until spark is sorted.