Re: [AMC-list] wow, 401 isnt very good

ok, so i had about 10 min. this evening. i pulled the intake, valve cover, and
head. rat nest between intake and pan gasket... under pan gasket is YEARS
worth of mouse crap and nesting stuff. several bent pushrods, i can see
lifters that have fallen down laying ontop of the cam. i pulled the right
head off, 1 out of 4 cylinders look ok. the others are BAD rusty. head number
is 3220502-2. there is also a "77" stamp in there. TALK ABOUT HUGE
CYLINDERS!!!! wow. so, as i get time, i will strip it down. then, when i get
little money here and there, ill do machine work. would someone just win the
big powerball, and give me a few thousand to build this 401, and get a
serious built 5spd that has o/d to put in casper??

dave stohler
www.picasaweb.google.com/das24rules