Re: [AMC-list] wow, 401 isnt very good

50/50 mix atf and acetone, start pouring it over everything and down into the cylinders etc.
You may be surprised at how much or how little damage there actually is.
Who knows?

I'd put the block in one of those masonry mixing tubs from Hdepot or Lowes
and just keep spraying it down whenever I thought about it.

That's the plan with the 327 in my flood car.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.