Re: [AMC-list] When swapping out the clutch, anything else to address w

Re: [AMC-list] When swapping out the clutch, anything else to address while in that vicinity?

Chances are someone else in the last half century did a "disk slap" clutch
job, and the surface is now crap. The "it's just an old car" repair
syndrome. I recall mine "looked OK" while under the car, when I got it out
it had a cracked surfaces, grooves and ripples.

  Pilot bushing is another thing you definitely won't to be sure of. If it
> shows any wear at all replace it now.

Mine, umm, needed replacing, it exited the scene in 5 pieces. Very odd.

>   You can usually get a fly wheel holder tool at advance or other places
> that loan tools if your friend does not have one.

The early six at least, the flywheel has a cut recess that the crank butt
sets into, so it sits there pretty stably for you to get the bolts in.