Re: [AMC-list] HEI distributor hook up ?

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  if your ignition system has the resistance wire in it, when you move the
> ignition switch to start you should have a full 12 volts at that position.

Oh yeah -- there ought to be a wire from the START (cranking) terminal that
runs straight 12V to the coil like Joe says. Good catch!

I dunno how the factory did all this -- but if you can find that wire on the
back of the ignition switch you might be able to move it and reuse it.
Wait... 72 is a GM column, right? With those big fat complicated connectors
on the ignition switch? Might not be so easy then!

It is odd that there is no plain IGN switched 12V under the hood you could
"swipe" from. I recall that's the case though.