Re: [AMC-list] progress...

If you don't mind the cost (it was about $100), having it chemically stripped will clean it all out too plus get rid of every spec of rust. Kermit's (68 American) tank just got chemically stripped because it wasn't prepped properly when I had it lined the first time and it rusted again. The tank was purty when I picked it up (sorry, no pics before it went out to get lined for the second time). BTW, the chemicals they used to strip it also do a good job of removing solder so the filler neck has to be soldered back on.

Matt

On 3/25/2010 3:24 PM, tom jennings spouted this sage advice:
Shop vac blowing into the tank then garage floor cleaner and water sloshed
around (and shop vac to dry it) is 100%.