Re: [AMC-list] SC/360 (parts) or clone? you decide.

Many years ago, a local guy had a Matador. I can't be sure what year it was, certainly 73 or older. It was a 360 car and I'm pretty sure a 4V. It was an automatic floor shift with console and from what I've seen online had the same shifter as the automatic machines. Is this what people are call a matador machine or does it have to be a 401? ----- Original Message ----- From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "Rocky Lear" <lear31@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "AMC, Rambler, Nash,Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:17 PM
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] SC/360 (parts) or clone? you decide.

Agreed, there is no way to really authenticate a Matador Machine that I know of, you could get that 'Machine' package for your 71 Matty with a 360....or 401. No scoop. Jus regular old upgrade, but if you have window sticker that would help as it would show the $460.00 or whatever it was as the machine package added.

Guess I need to take down both SC/360 auctions that were on ebay that are still up on my site:

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/sc360/sc_registry.htm

the red one is still for sale, the green one the guy contacted me a few days ago and we had nice chat, neat to see that sort of enthusiasm, sort of like Gerry on here buying that old V8 Pacer recently, probably had AMC logoed woodie for days! :~O

Rocky, on your Rogue, not sure how many left, and not sure it is how much of a salesman you might be:

1940s

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/nash_drums.jpg

1950's

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/53_nash_winners.jpg

1960's

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/65_rambler_carlot.JPG

1970's James Bond

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/74_james_bond.jpg

1980's

http://www.planethoustonamx.com/press_photos/82_walker_bros_amc.jpg

So yes, I guess it would be how slick of a salesman one was!
Eddie Stakes
713.464.8825
eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.planethoustonamx.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rocky Lear" <lear31@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "AMC, Rambler, Nash,Jeep and family" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 5:37 PM

He should have ebayed that car. I'll have to get that list back out and refresh my memory but I'm pretty sure that is the one I called about. There was another one on that list for $4500 wasn't there? If I had known he would have sold it that cheap, I'd have been all over it. That red one you forwarded a few weeks ago brought $6,900, reserve not met, and it was as ragged out as mine was and still is. I have one of the 2V SC360's. Mine was a 3 spd on the floor originally too but it has a 4 spd now. I bought an original go pack hood with the scoop and an NOS tach several years ago for mine to make it look like the go pack. Mine is the organic green.

Ona different note, it's hard to understand a lot of the reasoning on cars. The Matador machine everyone was talking about was just an option for a regular matador wasn't it? What I mean is that it wasn't a specific model like a Scrambler or the '70 Machine. How it is equipped shows up in the VIN.

If that is the case, I have one of the rarest AMC's ever built. A 343 67 Rogue. How many originals exist of that? 4? 5? Yet I can't sell it and a parts car for $2500. I guess it's all in how slick of a salesman you are. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>