Re: [AMC-list] Energizer Cam

I think you need a regear to 3.55s (jeep M20 is the same gears as car m20)

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 13:12:47 -0600
From: "Armand Eshleman"
To: "AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family"
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Energizer Cam

Hey guys,

The specs I received from Crane on the 272 H10 cam don't look suitable for
my uses.
With the T-5 transmission in fifth (.63 overdrive) and the rear end gearing
(2.87-1) and 245/45-17 wheels/tires,
the engine is turning about 2000 rpm at about 70 mph. I would have to drop
down into 4th gear (1 to 1) to get the
revs up into the cruising operating range of 2600 rpm or more where the cam
likes to be. Many of the local roads
aren't 70 mph speed limits either. Many are 60 or 65 mph, which lowers the
rpm more. I'm not so convinced I want
to do this cam swap........what do you guys think?

Armand