[AMC-list] speaking of snot covered sleeves

[AMC-list] speaking of snot covered sleeves

Not really snot covered, just thought that was an attention getting subject.

Some one here might be able to answer me this one.....

Why is it not smart, or why is it smart, to sleeve an AMC engine back to
stock bore.

The cost of sleeves isn't important for the science in this question.

The idea is, when engines are bored too far they tend to run hot.

So instead of boring to say .040 oversize, and building the engine, and
risking heating problems, could the engine be sleeved back to stock bore and
maybe, just maybe not experience heating trouble?

Hypothetically this might be a block already been punched to say .030 and
then damaged again.

Thanks,

Armand