Re: [AMC-list] quick ratio turns question

Re: [AMC-list] quick ratio turns question

The power steering is not too bad for feel on the 70's up cars.
I have a 73 Hornet box in mine and use a 4.0L pump with the Wrangler pressure valve.
The Wrangler got around 800psi, iirc and the little XJ got around 950-1000 psi.
I'd need a TSM to get the exact numbers, but the combo has nice, to me road feel
and is plenty responsive.
  The 60's cars were all jacked up, IMHO. too much pressure the wrong valving in the
boxes. Great for grandpa and grandma, but yuck for road feel etc,
  The convertible gets a 12.7-1 93 Grand Cherokee box and a revalved Saginaw pump :)
They used Saginaw/GM pumps on the 327 in the Jeep trucks :) Easy to revalve those pumps
for less pressure, heck, easy to revalve any P/S pump for less pressure. Except for
the new electronic crap.
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5