Re: [AMC-list] Front Spring Recommendation

Go to www.coilsprings.com and contact them. Ask for the heavy duty 63 Ambassador wagon 327 springs. They will make a progressive equivalent that will ride slightly stiffer than stock, but handle MUCH better. They only make progressives, but have all the old data. If you need it for 64 I can get it from the TSM though. You should be able to have the spring made with 1" less loaded height with no problem.
-----------
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 17:06:07 -0500
From: ron welton <rewelton@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Front Spring Recommendation Needed.  I have a 64 Ambassador Cross Country 327 with factory AC that is going to the body shop after 4 years. While it is away I am rebuilding the front end and need to understand what spring options are available for the wagon.

I believe I have heard Frank mention that there is a progressive spring available today.  I would also like to have a 1" drop if possible.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts