Re: [AMC-list] Sagging on the driver side

Re: [AMC-list] Sagging on the driver side

Joe,
   I have almost exactly the same issue with mine.
It is down about 1/2" on the drivers side. I plan on swapping springs side to side, when I get up the ambition.
It drives fine the way it is and I used to set up my bracket cars this way. Right rear slightly higher then left. left front lower.
So, I tell myself I did it on purpose :)

If that doesn't work for you, I saw some six cylinder coils
in my shed while rummaging about yesterday.
They'd likely just be a standard rate spring from a 68-69.
which had the longer front nose on it, so not sure if they varied spring rates or not.

Let this be a lesson to all you suspension rebuilders that stay with current springs.
Check you ride height side to side and mark your springs accordingly when removing!!!
In my case it would not have helped as I bought a set of used V-8 Rogue springs and they weren't marked.

Mark Price
Morgantown, WV 26508
1969 AMC Rambler, 4.0L, EFI, T-5
"I realize that death is inevitable.