[AMC-list] Sign of the times,,,,

I am an ASE certified Master Automotive Machinist. Have been since they
first started the series a LONG time ago.

Got a letter from them today telling me that after the next round of
certification (this fall) they will drop the "Automotive Machinist" series.
They said declining number of members taking or renewing this certification
made it impractical for them to continue supporting it.

Think of it,, when's the last time you heard anyone say "I want to be an
Automotive Machinist". I'm part of a dying breed. The shops that ARE still
open aren't buying new equipment or hiring new help. In just a few short
years you will be hard pressed to find ANY small auto machine shops much
less modern well equipped ones.

When I think back of when I started in the hot rod machine shop (1965) and
the 60 hour weeks we used to work,,, seems like a different planet,,,, sad.

But HEY,,, that's just ME!

Bruce Hevner