Re: [AMC-list] '68 Rebel coil spring question

Re: [AMC-list] '68 Rebel coil spring question

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" Are wagon springs the same height as 2 dr? Or would the rear coils
" from the 4 dr '69 Rebel (used) give any lift to the 2dr?

from my '67 and '68 tsm [same]:
10 std		7.60/8.00"	@ 845 lbs	104 lb/in
50-80 std	7.60/8.00"	@ 900 lbs	104 lb/in
hd		9.88"		@ 900 lbs	120 lb/in
wagon std	9.25"		@ 970 lbs	138 lb/in
wagon hd	10.25"		@ 970 lbs	170 lb/in

one might reasonably assume '69 is also the same.

the wagon springs will give a lift.  the 4dr will only if they're hd
and the 2dr isn't.  ambo springs would give a slight lift b/c of the
weight diff.

i used wagon std springs on my marlin along with hd fronts, and they
gave a barely-noticeable lift to the back.  it had been dragging on
limp std coils.