[AMC-list] Putting an AX-15 behind a '69 290

[AMC-list] Putting an AX-15 behind a '69 290

My room mate and I bought a '69 Rebel 4 dr to fix up her '68 2 dr HT. That way she gets all the suspension stuff she needs and I'll have an excellent running 290 for my '82 Jeep Honcho.
  The M37 (I think that which auto trans it has? The M11 in hers works excellent now, but she wants a Super T10 in it by the end of summer) comes off and I'll be bolting up an AX-15 with a rebalanced 4.0L flywheel (I have enough of them kicking around! LOL!)
   It seems to me there was a crank flange adapter that was needed for this? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I like the 290 and 304 for economy while still making a chunk of power.