Re: [AMC-list] all's quiet on the western front

Re: [AMC-list] all's quiet on the western front

" From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" []
"
" For a few minutes I toyed with the idea of a "new" driveline, once
" again, but once again, again, I came to my senses, don't want to spoil a
" Twin-Stick hardtop! And I like this foolish motor... but FYI I think a
" superb candidate for a driveline swap for this car is a Nissan 240Z motor
" and trans. TheKA24E  motor is 300+ lbs less than the 195.6 and has 140 -
" 150hp, stock. The trans is a 5-speed, aluminum, all synchromesh, physically
" small, and I bet it saves another 50 lbs. You can get carb versions of the
" motor if you want. In circumstances like this car, I'm totally "over" the
" foreign-make under the hood issue. It ain't the normal, boring case of
" 'stuff a 350 innit'.

imho another candidate is the m-series i6 in '92-earlier toyota supras.
by the time it got to 3 liters it had a pretty long arm, which makes
me think the smallish bore is all it had room for.  trannies used are
toy's vers of the ax5, ax15, and aw4.

that's if you don't go with a ford 200/250.  btw someone's reproing
the hard to find aussie/argentinean 12-port head in alu.