From: tom jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 14:59:17
To: AMC, Rambler, Nash, Jeep and family<amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] Why?

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 14:26, Spro <msproviero@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I see it as not punishing themselves.

> If you can't pay more than the GARBAGE MAN for parts, it may be time to
> re-think one's strategy.

Well said.

I wasn't thinking so much about buyers who refuse to pay a fair (or low!)
price as much as sellers with either unreasonable expectations, or selling
something of narrow interest that simply doesn't have a buyer "right now".
That latter one I think hits us more than we think, especially with heavy
parts. I'll buy some parts ahead of need, but not generally 500lb items that
have logistical issues (far away, etc).

If you have an engine for sale, and there's no one within 100 mi of you that
needs one NOW, it sits... engines, how often does the average car-nut build
one? Not very often. I have three+ "in stock" only because I have the room.

The former, yeah, those people piss me off too. "I dunno, I paid $5 for that
part once" yeah well guess what, it's 20 years later, there's only this one
here available, and now it's $50. Get over it!