From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] BBD Carb Issues

" From: "Eddie Stakes" <eddiestakes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Years ago MTBE was shoved in gas, but I think it is now being phased
" out if not already, but that stuff potent, cancer causing stuff, even
" would eat thru fuel lines.

mtbe has been gone for several years now, but i read something that
suggested we weren't told the whole story; it does break down in the
soil, it isn't as potent a carcinogen and it can be tasted at less
than 1% of the hazardous levels, and there are other worse chemicals
in the groundwater which are tasteless.