Re: [AMC-list] spark lead question for tuning experts like Nick Alfano..

Re: [AMC-list] spark lead question for tuning experts like Nick Alfano...

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 07:31, Sandwich Maker <adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i know that most stock motors don't have nearly enough lead for best
> power; that's a big reason why recurving kits are popular.
>
> " Bottom line is, how close to detonation should one push timing before
> it's a
> " waste of time?
>
> the nascar guys always used to say they run fastest just before they
> blow up...

I don't doubt that! :-)

What I'm looking for, how much is worth to squeeeeeze that last degree of
timing out? I mean, if it pings too much at 36 degrees, but rarely at 32
degrees, how much is it worth to get it closer?