Re: [AMC-list] spark lead question for tuning experts like NickAlfano...

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 07:57, <wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Not an expert, but, since noone I know has ever attempted to bolt a 196 to
> a dyno.

... but I actually have a dyno adapter for one! Seriously. One of my Revered
But Useless Objects.

> I would suggest a chassis dyno? Should work pretty well with your stick
> shift car to see where the power actually drops off at.

I think I have mine dialed in OK (hell, it's got 33 degrees advance now, up
from the factory 16). This motor never pings (really) but it GETS REALLY
WIERD when you give it way too much advance. Bucks and shudders. No
characteristic pinging noise though.