[AMC-list] Performance shocks for bathtub American

[AMC-list] Performance shocks for bathtub American

The Gabriel catalog is/was available as a PDF so I use that as a resource.

The rear shock is easy to find: Gabriel 82155. I looked through the
numerical applications (very many); one of them is 68-69 AMX. [Note: The
gabriel cat. says "59-62" and "64-68", neatly avoiding 63. Hmm. Look up 63
American on the KYB page. Same as 64, and 62.]

Front shocks for the pre-64 Americans are flatly unavailable in anything
except old stock (ugh). But if you fab up a front shock mount like mine (go
to the end of this page
http://wps.com/AMC/1963-Rambler-American/Suspension) then the
dimensions (collapsed and extended and mount type) is identical
to 68-69 AMX. The AMX is much heavier though.

So here are good shocks for the bathtub Americans:

Front: KYB Gas-A-Just #KG4503
Rear: KYB Gas-A-Just #KG5521

Voila.