Re: [AMC-list] SoCal TT videos (Sunday)

On 10/18/2009 5:52 PM, tom jennings spouted this sage advice:
On Sun, Oct 18, 2009 at 10:08, Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx> wrote:

That's not too far off of the exhaust note on my 67 American wagon. My car
has a 2.25" exhaust also (two owners ago, it was changed over to mandrel
bent stainless) but it's bone stock otherwise. I have a generic Midas
muffler on it now but it had an unknown brand stainless on it that was much
louder when I got it. That muffler sort of moo'd and it was one of the first
things changed on the car when I got it.

Oooh stainless, that must be very nice on the Least Coast with all that
salt! Have you had any problems with stainless, brittle or anything?

I'm not *that* far east (there's still a few hundred miles between Cincinnati and the Atlantic) but still square in the middle of the rust belt.

The car was in Cleveland when the stainless exhaust was added (that would have been 10-11 years ago) and so far, it is holding up well. My only two beefs with the exhaust as-was were the mooing and they did the tail pipe straight out of the back so you couldn't drive with the rear window down.

It's still louder than I like it but I don't know how much of that is due to the exhaust dumping out of the driver's side vs. the muffler itself.

Matt

--
mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH