Re: [AMC-list] SoCal TT!

Couldn't have been said better!!
===========================
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:58:56 -0700 (PDT)
From: Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Well, let's review the history:

The car caught your eye but it bent at least one pushrod when we offloaded it from the trailer.  You never even got to hear it idle normally until after the first repair.

You coulda junked it.

You repaired those pushrods and I think you gave it a valve job and it bent a couple more pushrods.

You coulda junked it.

The front suspension needed work that not everyone would have even known how to do and you saw an opportunity to make the drum brakes more practical.

You coulda junked it.

You cleaned the gas tank and then had to rebuild the transmission.

You coulda junked it.

You had funny noises in the drivetrain on the way to work.

You coulda junked it.

The crappy interior finally got to you so you interjected some of your own personalit into that.

You coulda junked it.

Recently you thought you had overheated it.

You coulda junked it.

Tom, not many people would have been diligent and would have cared enough to get that car into the shape to do very well in road rally much less be a dependable driver five days a week on a 100 mile commute.

The credit belongs totally to you and you alone. Congratulations. That car is a reflection of your personality and your intelligence and penchant for innovation where innovation is needed.
Joe Fulton
still shlepping old AMCs.

--
Frank Swygert