----------
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 19:39:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
" " The T-86 was used behind the little 196 as the heavy duty option.
" The 232 got the T-86, same as the 287 V-8.

same bellhousing block pattern.

frank, i'm thinking if you'd found an entire '64 232 stick drivetrain
for your '63 4.0 swap, you wouldn't have had tranny problems and you
might never have been pushed into the extensive drivetrain mods you
ultimately did!

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts