Re: [AMC-list] 4 speed - wide/close ratio?

Re: [AMC-list] 4 speed - wide/close ratio?

" From: dan whitehead <freebird_58@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" I have a 4 speed from my AMX and was wondering how to tell the
" difference between wide and close ratio.  Is there a way from
" outside or do I have to pull the side cover to check gears?

from http://www.amccf.com/tech/amc_manual_trannies.html
There are ways to tell T-10's apart for example:
	2:23 "V" has 5 grooves cut into the input shaft,
	2:43 "P" has 4 grooves cut into the input shaft,
	2:64 "T" has 3 grooves cut into the input shaft,
	2:64 "W" super T10 has 1 groove cut into the input shaft.
	2:43 "S" super T10 also has just 1 groove.
Some cases also have a machined boss on the lower drivers side
	toward the front with the date code stamped into them.

this is probably better than tags...  i have one in my basement with
'T10P-1B' cast into the side - and 5 grooves on its input.