[AMC-list] AMX Carter fuel pump config. help, pls

[AMC-list] AMX Carter fuel pump config. help, pls

I have a Carter fuel pump (non vacuum) for my '68 AMX, with the "bale," similar to what would be on the car when it was new.  I just bought a new fuel filter (pleated paper). The lower half of the pump (bale area) has a cork gasket, wire mesh screen, a new neoprene slotted round gasket, and the filter itself. What's the correct order of these elements in the lower half of the pump?

Thanks,

Steve