Re: [AMC-list] 68 Rebel hood

" From: Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" IIRC the 68 and later hoods are an inch or 2 longer... (?)

i believe -'69- was the year it stretched.

" Quoting "Steven F. Brueggeman" <amcer@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
"
" > Ambassador hoods are different. You would have to change the entire front
" > clip for it to work.

explain how i ran a '68 ambo sst grill and lights on my '67 marlin for
a while?

i've looked at these cars closely.  afaict on the front only the
grille and headlight doors are different; bumper, fenders, and hood
are the same.

" > I believe Rebel hoods from '66 to '70 are interchangable. The earlier hoods
" > have different lettering than the '70 and don't have a moulding like the
" > '70.

" From: "Jeff Reeves" <amcnut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" 66 Rebel hood is the same as a 1966 Classic. Will *NOT* fit 67-up Rebels.

makes sense; '67 was the year of the big change to 4-link open drive
rear.  they also restyled the cars to more of a 'coke bottle'
curviness.