[AMC-list] last long trip?

I have thought in the past about swapping the 258 for a 4ltr, and had two Cherokees of the right vintage(for the front axle bolt up), but my son,uh, cooked both engines, so that was out. All the other things I've done to keep this car road-and-show-worthy and inspectable have taken precedence over the engine, until now. Of course, I was just in the Detroit area, where every street corner seems to have an engine rebuild shop, but that's not the case around here. In my town, I'm the ONLY AMC owner registered, according to the lady at the town hall. There are Cherokees up the yinyang, but most are post-AMC(Chrysler). I've tried to keep the car mostly stock, for shows, and the 4ltr would need an electric fuel pump; right? I swapped out the T4 for a T5 last year, from my '83 sedan(because I had it, and the T4 needed rebuilding); does that limit the model years for engine swaps? I've got the TSM for the '82; I'll recheck the vacuum line schematic; thanks, Richard. My car usually go
 es to bed for the winter; maybe this year will be the year for engine bay detailing, with the engine out? Thanks for all the replies, guys.