Re: [AMC-list] horrible bodywork

I'm about to make some Chev heads around here spin. They are so used to seeing the chromed out 454 under the hood of my '81 C20, I wonder what they will say when they see the 4.2L from the Eagle I parted out in there? LOL! I still have a TH400 I can put into it and just put in the mounts from something else for the 6. The 454 will be going into the '76 shortbox stepside body I picked up (along with the headers and other goodies) so I can sell it and get more $$ to spend on my Jeep projects and cabin! (I shouldn't have much trouble getting @$4K for it!)

From: russ hathaway
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] horrible bodywork
To: Rambler Nash Jeep and familyAMC

Troy; we all start out doing body work by butchering a car or two. Gene Winfield prob butchered his first car, I would venture.
You no doubt got the car cheaply, didn't you. People who butcher cars usually provide a cheap buy for us all, as long as you know what to look for. As long as there is no fatal mistakes, long live butcher jobs.
I once got a 69 Chevelle 4-dr for $50, and it just had a fresh "tune-up".
As the car was rockin and rollin, barely idling, the lady told me her tale of sorrow. I spotted the loose plugs.
Needless to say, just tightening the plugs got it running right, plus a little tuning. Best $50 car I ever had as I sold it a month later for about $700......Russ