From: "russ hathaway" <russh97309@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "Rambler Nash Jeep and familyAMC" <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 4:03:46 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re: [AMC-list] horrible bodywork

Troy; we all start out doing body work by butchering a car or two. Gene Winfield prob butchered his first car, I would venture.
You no doubt got the car cheaply, didn't you. People who butcher cars usually provide a cheap buy for us all, as long as you know what to look for. As long as there is no fatal mistakes, long live butcher jobs.
I once got a 69 Chevelle 4-dr for $50, and it just had a fresh "tune-up".
As the car was rockin and rollin, barely idling, the lady told me her tale of sorrow. I spotted the loose plugs.
Needless to say, just tightening the plugs got it running right, plus a little tuning. Best $50 car I ever had as I sold it a month later for about $700......Russ