Re: [AMC-list] Switch satisified, Surprisingly!

Re: [AMC-list] Switch satisified, Surprisingly!

" From: Richard Estermyer <javelinman74@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" Thank to ALL for ALL the help.
"
" One more look around and still no keys!  So I thought and took the AMC
" sets I have hanging on the key rack, (for no apparent reason or know
" what AMC they ever fit).  What I thought I had was 2 sets but there
" were three!
"
" Got to the car and the first two sets did not fit, then this "new"
" set... put in the square key and WHAT DO YA KNOW?  Wait, the 2 keys
" that came with the car (On a big #1 key tag)were BOTH square keys,
" this set is a SQUARE and a ROUND key set!?!  These did NOT come with
" the car, but I luckily stumbled upon the same cut from another AMC
" ignition!
"
" I knew this is possible as when a teenager a church member got a new
" Mercury and was showing proud, when another came over and put his key
" in and started the car!  I hope I did not use up all my luck at once,
" but thankful!

true story:  first new car my folks got was a green '55 bel air wagon.
when i was about 7, mom and i came out of the finast supermarket and
got into a green bel air wagon.  i noticed right off that the vinyl
upholstery material was different, but mom started the car before she
realized it wasn't ours!

they use many more key combinations now.