Re: [AMC-list] Jim's thread.

I think it's a symptom of not making money (selling parts) and micromanaging
"loss" is all they can come up with. It's a symptom of (I truly do hate to
say this) large American business in the current era. Not real business, but
the fake kind -- financial shenanigans that made money on paper for some for
some time. As opposed to plain old slow growth.

It's gotta be a tough busines now too. Auto parts are even different than
10, 20 years ago. Stuff is getting much more delicate, complicated,
specialized. Our old cast iron stuff has got to be a small part of the
business profit now.

Our local NAPA went to crap two years ago, but they got a new manager in and
it's really improved a lot. They still have a few know-nothings but that's
OK -- when they know enough (or are told to) go ask an expert! Nothing wrong
with ignorance, it's willing stupidity that pisses me off.

--
All of your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.