[AMC-list] Talk to me about headliners

I posted a while back about headliners, and have been giving it more
thought lately. My headliner is starting to sag a bit, and I'd like to
take care of it. It also is dark with tobacco smoke. I was looking at
the trim pieces around the headliner.

What would be the deal in removing it? Would I take out all the trim
pieces and coat hangers? How does the dome light come off? Anything
else I need to remove?

Assuming I can get it out in one piece, does it scrub up - or would I
need to hit it with white spray paint? What's the best solution? Then
simply glue it back in place? Is there a backing piece in there that I
would need to replace? Has anyone taken pictures of headliner removal
and repair? If I break it, are there generic replacements available?