Re: [AMC-list] Car is running, turn key off, take out of ignition - sti

Re: [AMC-list] Car is running, turn key off, take out of ignition - still running

OK there's three wires:

I have a resistor bolted to the fender. Some random part from NAPA. I can
get you the number but it's just some generic 1.2 ohm resistor. Anything
like 1  - 1.5 ohms will do.

The original ignition feed wire, black or grey with a ring terminal
attached, AND the Pertronix RED wire goes to one resistor terminal.

You add a new wire from the other end of the resistor to the "+" terminal on
the coil.

The Pertronix BLACK wire goes to the "-" terminal on the coil.

That's it. The resistor has two wires on one end (ign feed+red), one on the
other (wire to coil +). Resistors are agnostic, doesn't matter which end is
which.

On the photo: original ignition feed comes from rear left, has rubber on
terminal. Red, black wire to Pertronix. The yellow wire goes from resistor
to coil + (can't see that end). The two extras go backward a bit then curve;
the thin grey one is tach, the blueish black one is the OD kickdown.

--
All of your arguments are invalid.
Enjoy your unstable system.