---------------------
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:55:28 -0500
From: Greg DePratt <gdepratt@xxxxxxxxx>

My 68 Javelin has Bendix front disc brakes.  I split the two halves to
change the pads and am wondering....is there supposed to be any sort of
gasket between the two halves, or around the internal tube for the brake
fluid?  I suppose I should go ahead and get a repair kit while I have it
apart.
I am also in the process of replacing all the worn out parts in the front
end.  I was reading through this forum link....
http://theamcforum.com/forum/started-the-javelin-front-end-rebuild_topic3972_page1.html

Stumbled on a debate about a Prothane kit that has everything in it....  Any
advice on what to put back in?   Rubber vs.graphite impregnated urethane
etc...  I really don't care that everything be stock.  I would prefer to
update anything that is going to last longer.

Looks like I am going to need a tool to compress the spring.  I have used
the "claw" type spring compressor before (don't know the technical name).  I
am hoping that one of the parts stores has a rental that is comparable to
the one in the forum above.  I guess you can buy a custom made one, but I
didn't find the link where you can get one.

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts