[AMC-list] bendix brakes and front end soft parts

[AMC-list] bendix brakes and front end soft parts

My 68 Javelin has Bendix front disc brakes.  I split the two halves to
change the pads and am wondering....is there supposed to be any sort of
gasket between the two halves, or around the internal tube for the brake
fluid?  I suppose I should go ahead and get a repair kit while I have it
apart.
I am also in the process of replacing all the worn out parts in the front
end.  I was reading through this forum link....
http://theamcforum.com/forum/started-the-javelin-front-end-rebuild_topic3972_page1.html

Stumbled on a debate about a Prothane kit that has everything in it....  Any
advice on what to put back in?   Rubber vs.graphite impregnated urethane
etc...  I really don't care that everything be stock.  I would prefer to
update anything that is going to last longer.

Looks like I am going to need a tool to compress the spring.  I have used
the "claw" type spring compressor before (don't know the technical name).  I
am hoping that one of the parts stores has a rental that is comparable to
the one in the forum above.  I guess you can buy a custom made one, but I
didn't find the link where you can get one.

That forum has some good pics on the teardown, cleanup and powder coat of
the front end suspension parts.  I started out thinking I need to replace
tie rod ends and then thought...hmm all the rubber parts need replacing, to
gee, wouldn't it look nice to have everything cleaned up and  coated.....I
am digging my self a hole and it will take longer and longer to get the
javelin back on the road the more stuff I plan.

Looking for any advice from anyone who has "been there before" as this is my
first classic car and I haven't done much of this before.  Thanks!

By the way, thanks to all those who responded some months back about my
engine questions.  (no oil pressure after rebuild).  I pulled the intake and
sure enough we forgot to put in the oil plugs at the front of the engine.
 Put the plugs in checked things out all was fine.  Put it back together and
plenty of oil pressure.  Got it timed and it is running good.

Wish I could be driving it.....

Thanks in advance,

Greg DePratt