Re: [Amc-list] Hornet gets Duraspark upgrade, wagon buzzes nicely now!

Re: [Amc-list] Hornet gets Duraspark upgrade, wagon buzzes nicely now!

" From: Ken Ames <ameskg@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Quoting d stohler <das24rules@xxxxxxxxx>:
"
" > i havent been able to follow this thread, but does the duraspark NEED the
" > resistance wire?
" > i always thought the resistance wire was to save the points? i thought when
" > running electronic ignitions (duraspark, msd, anything not points) you could
" > run full 12 volts to the coil? my 77 f250 has full 12 volts to its coil. i
" > beleive it is the same type of duraspark system refered to in this thread?
" > could be way off. i will blame it on being wore out and dead tired....
"
" 1979 TSM says resistance wire is 1.35+-.05 ohms. With the key on there should be
" 6+-.5 volts at the green wire on the coil. When you turn the key to start this
" should move to battery (12+-) voltage.

what makes this confusing is that this is duraspark -II-.  the briefly
used duraspark -I- ['76? '75?] did -not- have an external coil
resistance.  the modules are very similar; i can't tell if they're
actually the same or not.