Re: [AMC-list] electric for floor shifter

Wayne, can I assume you have a 69 TSM? Page 9-1-11 shows the shifter. You can see the switch actuator arm in it to the right of the shift lever, where the pivot pin goes through. Take a look at figure 16, 17, and 18 on pages 9-1-12 and 9-1-13. These show the switch well (especially figure 18). It's the same as a column mount switch except for a right angle mount bracket on the back. The switch should work back to 1966. You could modify a column mount bracket to fit by either tack welding an angle bracket to the back, but that could damage the switch internally. Better to weld small angle tabs to the shifter and use the column shift switch mounting holes. Once you have a column switch in hand hold it in place and you'll understand what I mean. If you can't make the switch out drop me an e-mail. The 66 TSM has a full page diagram of the shifter that is much clearer. First year it was used -- most of the time the first year TSM has a better description.
---------
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 21:05:30 -0400
From: Wayne E LaMothe <superglider@xxxxxxxx>

I am converting my auto column shift 69 Ambo to floor shift and need to
know how the neutral safety/backup light switch is mounted and where I
can get one.  The shifter I got does not have the switch and the TSM does
not show a detail of where it goes.  I got the harness from Kennedy
American and need to know where it all goes.  I assume the switch hooks
into the clip on the side of the shifter?  Who has a pic of how the setup
goes together?  Then I need to find a switch

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts