[AMC-list] Speedometer cable

I'm finally pulling the 258 and trans from my Spirit.  I took off the C-clip and screw from the speedometer cable on the transmission.  Does it just pry out now, or my I missing something.  I turned the outside ring, but nothing happened, and it doesn't look like theres a nut on the end of the cable.  I just don't want to force it.

Thanks

Dan Whitehead