Re: [AMC-list] cash for clunkers

The scientist in me cannot believe that we can do anything to slow down or affect the melting of polar caps or glaciers.  Regardless of what caused it, the motion is too monumental for us to affect a change.
National Geographic just published an article on Anghor Wat (sp?) and in a nutshell they disappeared because of prolonged drought.
This won't be the first global warm up, and the last ice age won't be the last one either.
Regardless of all that, I try to leave as small a footprint as possible, and I bike to and from work every day now.  My coral pink 63 American is for show, and I drive him once a week or so now, and he definitely gets the attention that an old car should.  :-)  I will confess though, I was extremely tempted by a '97 840 ci (BMW) the other day.  That car screams "ticket me-- if you can catch me".  LOL