Re: [AMC-list] Clutch parts source for cars with T96?

Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx> said:

>I know this has been posted before, but off-hand, does anyone have a
>good source for a clutch rebuild kit for a 1965 Rambler American with
>the T96 three-on-the-tree?

>Any part numbers available? My son has a friend that applies a spiffy
>discount - I might go there and do that, rather than go traditional
>routes.
>
>So, now for the clutch. I need a pressure plate, clutch plate,
>throwout bearing and maybe a pilot bushing. Anyone got a good source?
>I figure I better get the clutch taken care of before popping on a
>trailer hitch and hauling the Apache around. We're getting closer!

I hope everyone remembers to check with the AMC suppliers as a first choice.  Much of the stuff that's available for our cars now is there primarily due to our AMC hobby vendors.

Bruce, I forget if you have a 199 or 232 (although the clutches that bolt to them may be the same, I haven't checked), but Jeff Kennedy, for instance, lists everything you could possibly want for a clutch rebuild:

http://www.KennedyAmerican.com

I've dealt with him for years and can tell you he's reliable, prompt, and charges fair prices.

I am certain the same could be said of most or all of our other hobby vendors.  Check out the links listed on the AMO site:

http://www.AMONational.com/links.htm

Just scroll down about half a page to "AMC/Rambler/Nash Parts & Restoration" and you will find a nice long list of vendors who specialize in our cars.  Support them with your parts needs so they'll still be around next year.

Good luck with your clutch project!