Re: [AMC-list] NV5600 question

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Not too much problem on the tcase end. Using the 29 spline input gear
" from a Dodge NP241 in the Ford NP208 I have will work (both are big
" bearing cases) I was told the NV5600 bell is the same as the NV4550
" used in Rubicons. If so, that will work for the front end if I get
" one for a 4.0L (same pattern as my 304) Cubic money I don't have, so
" plans may have to change on the fly! I may end up with an AW4 on my
" 304 instead.

sounds like you got your ducks in line.  let us know how it works out!

why not just use a rubi 4550?

rubicons got 4550s?  i know the 3550 replaced the ax15 in '00 - with
the same bolt pattern - but i thought 4.0 rubis got a benz nsg370 6sp.
[it had me thinking diesel swap; check out the rightmost cols of
http://www.4x4abc.com/ML320/ML_specs_us.html and
http://www.4x4abc.com/ML320/ML_specsII.html - that's the same 5cyl
used in sprinter vans]
not a surprise it would've changed after the split though.  that might
be post-4.0...

" From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
"
" " From: Jim Blair
" "
" "
" " I'm thinking about putting one of these transmissions in my '82 J10
" " stepside I recently acquired. (since it will be a daily driver, the
" " low axle gears and T18A won't make $3 a gallon gasoline fun to put
" " in) T5 is too weak for my 360
"
" sounds good if spendy.  adapting to the engine is the question mark;
" i'm sure advance has something but there might be a cheaper way.
" dodge output should bolt to your t/c with maybe a spacer ring if it's
" 23 spline, but i've heard they use 29 spline on the heftier
" powertrains.