Re: [AMC-list] NV5600 question

Andrew,
You're correct, Rubicon's got the NV3550 and then the Getrat 6-speed.  I wonder if Jim typoed the 4550 for 3550.  I was considering the Getrag NSG370 6-speed for my Stroker GW project, but then found out the 370 is the torque rating in nM, which is equal to approx. 270 ft/lbs ... not enough "guts" to handle the 304 stroker torque.  It would be great for a 6-cylinder Jeep though.

Greg :)

---
rubicons got 4550s?  i know the 3550 replaced the ax15 in '00 - with
the same bolt pattern - but i thought 4.0 rubis got a benz nsg370 6sp.
[it had me thinking diesel swap; check out the rightmost cols of
http://www.4x4abc.com/ML320/ML_specs_us.html and
http://www.4x4abc.com/ML320/ML_specsII.html - that's the same 5cyl
used in sprinter vans]
not a surprise it would've changed after the split though.  that might
be post-4.0...