Re: [Amc-list] 1955 hudson hornet

There are no production break-downs by option. There were 1554 Hollywood
Hardtops and 5357 four-door sedans made. All Custom models got the
continental spare. The figures in "The Standard Catalog of American
Motors" doesn't break down four-door production between the standard and
Custom series. The continental spare was an option on the standard
though. "Twin-H" was optional on all.

You may not have any luck with the Hudson club. I'm not positive, but
they may actually refer you to the Nash club. I think they stop at 1954,
and some disdain the "Hash" cars of 55-57 (Hudsons built on Nash
bodies). Those did continue using the Hudson six instead of Nash engines
(except the 56-57 V-8, and 55-56 used Packard V-8s -- the AMC/Nash V-8
was introduced in late 56 and only used in the Ambassador Special and
Hornet Special, which was the lighter/shorter two door Statesman/Wasp
body with Ambo/Hornet trim). The dash, grilles, suspension tune and trim
were unique to the Hudson models, but the main body shell was obviously
Nash, and they were so different from the last Hudsons that many Hudson
aficionados refuse to recognize them. Handling of the old Hudsons is
vastly superior, it would be almost like going from a sports car to a
family sedan.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"