[Amc-list] accelerator cable installation on 71 Gremlin 232

[Amc-list] accelerator cable installation on 71 Gremlin 232

I purchased a new accelerator cable for my 71 Gremlin 232, but I cannot figure out how to remove the old one from the carb end so I can install the new one. The part it attaches to is a round ball with a thin neck that holds the slotted end of the cable. The other side/end of that round ball has a thin cross almost like you can stick a flat blade screw driver into, but that has proved difficult to do so I am wondering how to get it apart, or even if that piece comes apart or not.

Appreiate any help. Thanks, Ted D