[Amc-list] Dissin' the electric choke.

The BBD carb on my Gremlin has an electric choke.  It's a Northern Carburetor rebuild and the choke was adjusted too lean from the rebuilder, so I richened it up today.  It sits so close to the the air injection pipe on the intake that you have to remove the carb to adjust the choke. An angled screwdriver won't even fit.  That's my first complaint.

The second is that it of course has no feedback from how warm the engine is. If the engine is slightly warm (short trip after a cold start} but the choke coil has not heated the choke closes and the car runs rich and is a little balky until the choke goes through it's warm up cycle again and fully opens. I don't know how to tune this out. It seems that a manifold heated choke would be better in that regard.  Darned newfangled parts anyway.

Joe Fulton
Salinas, CA