[Amc-list] a

i have been using atf in the cylinders. i took my torch with rose bud tip, and put some heat to the cylinder walls on the 2 front ones, then poured atf down them while warm. seemed to have been able to penetrate some. got it to move about 3/4" doing that. not to much heat to distort the pistons. (i hope) i will try some acytone mixed in and some diesel. i drained the oil this weekend. was REALLY thick. and black. go figure, old oil from 73 ATLEAST, probably older. i drained that out, and added 2 gallons of cheapy walmart branded atf in the case. motor looks like it hadnt leaked much really. lots of years of dust and dirt on it as expected, but not much in the way of that old greasy nasty build up. but only being driven for 11 years tops, and 15,000 miles, it didnt have much time to get that greasy build up. the guy i got it from thought it HAD to be 115,000 miles. lol. i hardly doubt it. where i have gotten the pistons to move, you can still see
 hashmarks in the walls. so thats good. as long as those front 2 cyls are NOT damaged.

as for the headgasket, i will post pics in just a few moments to my picasaweb link of the differences. i have 1 of each block apart. so can show very well the difference. heads will NOT interchange what so ever i dont see how they could. will post when pics are posted for reference.

dave stohler
my rambler pics@
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules