Re: [Amc-list] Hemming's Classic Car - Nash Ambassador

On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Was perusing the latest Hemmings, and really enjoying the Peking to
> Paris article -

Yeah, I too am a sucker for that sort of use for a car. That's why I
still plan on running my 63 AMerican in a rally this year
(http://www.socaltt.com but they have a terrible website).

But when I read the P to P article, actually the Ford guy just pissed
me off. He cheated!!! OK I'll give him the custom crank -- those parts
are getting old and rotten, and hey, this is for fun. But "dual
switchable ignitions"? What's the point of that? Fuel cells?
Alternator for all that electronic crap? Far too much fussy crap to
claim even a casual re-creation of that race.

Modern lubes and tires alone would put that restored Ford 2X better
off. And it's hard to believe that overall, the route is not better,
half century later.

I don't claim to be that rugged or resourceful, but I don't think that
Ford owner shoudl either.

I realize I'm being picky, but hey, he made the claims, not me.