[Amc-list] Progress again.

Well, since I'm sitting here waiting for body filler to dry, I'll post about my recent progress on the 65 American.  The front brakes are done.  I'm having second thoughts about the front wheel bearings because there was a little discoloration on the right side outer bearings.  Rambler mentality prevailed and I just cleaned and re-packed them all with synthetic grease.  The major item to report is that the Mustang gas tank is in.  I mounted it under the existing trunk floor.  I had to cut off the old muffler heat baffle and bracket.  I had to patch the trunk floor on the left side too.  I obtained a complete trunk floor from a parts vendor in Arizona.  I hated to cut it up, but I have much of it left if anyone needs any trunk sheet metal.  I just could not see using flat plate and no one locally had a die to roll the correct size beads.  The exhaust will have to be rerouted too, but I'm hoping it won't cause too much hearburn at the exhaust shop.  That's
 where I draw the line.  I don't do exhausts.

I just ordered new rear brake slave cylinders from rockauto.  The car had had a complete brake job with new drums and shoes all around but that was over twenty years ago and it was parked so soon after that there was no brake dust in the rear wheels.  But the wheel cylinders just corroded and are starting to weep.

I'll post pictures on my photobucket site soon.

Joe Fulton