Re: [Amc-list] Acceptable EGT's (was: Stroker 304 back from the Dyno)

Re: [Amc-list] Acceptable EGT's (was: Stroker 304 back from the Dyno)

Hi Chris,
I just did a quick search and come up with 1250-1350 being the max for EGTs, with temps over that being too hot.  Now that I see that and am mentally recalling the visual "do not cross this temp line" on the dyno, I must have had a max EGT on cylinder #5 of around 1250, as now think that line was around 1300 on the dyno.  I'll know for sure when I get an email from Brian, with the dyno results data, and can ask him specifically.

Brian used to own the dyno and sold it to Chuck, who does all the machining for my buddy Rick Jones, who helped me put the engine together.  Chuck has done work for Rick for years and worked out the dyno use (for me) with Rick.  I basically got the 'good customer' deal.  18 hours of set-up and dyno time would have normally cost a lot more than I paid.

As far as the BSFC goes, if I really get 0.39 BSFC on the road, then MPGs should be awesome.  Here's a reference point for BSFC : 4-stroke (high compression, carburetor)      0.60 (idle) 0.42 (peak torque) 0.47 (peak HP).  This comes from http://www.land-and-sea.com/dyno-tech-talk/using_bsfc.htm

Sincerely,
Greg Taylor :) <><
Rochester Hills, MI
1989 Jeep Grand Wagoneer "TRMN8R2"
330-CID AMC Stroker V8

And the testimony is this, that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has the life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have the life. - 1 John 5:11-12